If you are looking for a Fellowship at the University of British Columbia in Canada for 2023 (Funded) then you are at the right place. The University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 in Canada is now accepting applications. Schmidt Science Fellowships are available to all students, domestic and foreign. One of the top 100 institutions in the world to recommend foreign candidates is the University of British Columbia. The UBC Fellowships program is seeking bright minds in the fields of computer science, engineering, mathematics, and the natural sciences who are interested in learning more.
Also, apply for the Canada 2023 Concordia University Scholarships (Funded)
Schmidt Science Fellowships are offered by the University of British Columbia in Canada, which is looking for the next generation of scientific leaders. Its goal is to give the brightest young brains in the world a wide platform so they can contribute to cross-disciplinary projects and have a long-lasting effect on society. By participating in international seminars and receiving one-on-one mentoring, fellows will gain a thorough grasp of how to accelerate scientific research.
Fellowships 2023 at the University of British Columbia Information:
- University: University of British Columbia
- Duration: 1 Year
- Fellowship coverage: $100,000
- Eligible Nationality: Domestic & International
- Award Country: Canada
- Last Date: April 2023.
Become a member of our WhatsApp group if you haven’t already.
Click To Join Our Whatsapp Group or Scan The QR Code For the Latest Scholarships Jobs And Internships
A $100,000 stipend will be provided to Schmidt Science Fellows as part of the program, and they will be encouraged to pursue full-time postdoctoral study for at least a year in a top-tier laboratory in a subject unrelated to their current area of specialization. During their Fellowship year, Fellows also spend five weeks at four residential meetings across the world where they get specialized training to help them develop into the next generation of science leaders. Fellowships at the University of British Columbia in Canada for 2023 (Funded)
- Natural Sciences
- candidates from Canada, permanent residents, and other countries.
- The applicant must be a graduate of computing, engineering, or the natural sciences (Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Biology including Neurobiology).
- Ph.D. required or anticipated to be completed between 1 June 2022 and 30 July 2023. (Ph.D. must be obtained at UBC.)
- Must be accessible from July 2023 to July 2024, including the Global Meeting.
- Extraordinary accomplishment – A proven track record of academic success during their PhD at prestigious universities.
- Alignment with the Program – Commitment to pursuing a postdoctoral degree in a discipline unrelated to the one for which the applicant obtained their Ph.D. for at least a year.
- Curiosity in the sciences—the desire to get extensive exposure to and knowledge about cutting-edge discoveries and research in all the sciences.
- Future scientific breakthroughs will be sparked by individuals with a high level of intelligence, vigor, and intellectual curiosity.
- Global aspirations – The desire to have a long-lasting influence on society and the sciences, pursuing knowledge that will benefit all peoples through ambitious research and showing great perseverance and a willingness to take risks all the way through the scientific process.
- Character – A sincere and observable interest in society and global issues, together with a desire to use one’s skills and knowledge to improve the world.
- Collaboration skills – Proven track record of working well with a variety of team members.
- Utilization of cutting-edge tools – A general interest and comfort level in the application and potential of new scientific methods, such as cutting-edge computing and data science techniques.
Up to nine candidates may be nominated to the international competition by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies after a committee has reviewed departmental nominations.
Application Deadline: Fellowships at the University of British Columbia in Canada for 2023 (Funded)
In Canada, the deadline for the University of British Columbia Fellowships 2023 is probably in April 2023.
How to apply for University of British Columbia Fellowships?
Those applying for University of British Columbia Fellowships must send their supporting documents to their graduate program. An entire application must include the following:
1 CV of the candidate, with publications (maximum three pages)
2 A maximum of the one-page long statement from the nominee covering the following two points:
- congruence with the Schmidt Fellows program – desire in pursuing a year or more of postdoctoral research in a discipline other than the one for which the nominee got his or her doctorate –
- collaborative spirit – history of successful collaboration with diverse team members.
- A proposal from the nominee (maximum two pages), addressing the following points:
- potential postdoctoral research direction.
- brief rationale for up to three potential postdoctoral Fellowship labs
Note: The Schmidt Science Fellows program will directly invite successful UBC nominees to submit a complete application at a later time.
Fellowships at the University of British Columbia in Canada for 2023 (Funded)
You May Also Like
2023–24 Scholarships for Non-US Citizens (Fully Funded)